Take our FREE 30-Day Trial with no obligation required.

Experience for yourself why MaaS360 is a leader in MDM Solutions.

Divider

Fill out your information below to start.

Your email and personal information are confidential, and will not be sold or rented. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Click here to hide

MaaS360 by Fiberlink

Mobile Device Management (MDM)

Ever-evolving technology brings opportunities, but only when managed properly. Read, share and learn how to keep users mobile without compromising the safety of their data. Our MaaS360 experts will post answers to your questions about inventory tracking, patch management, policy configuration and more.

Mobile Device Management (MDM)

Currently, there are:
9465 Views | 2 Replies

Share your thoughts with us,
and get involved!

• Luke
    2 posts
    Community Member

Cloud Extender 101

22 February 2012 (Last edited: 14 June 2012)

Hi all,

I have a question for the community regarding the cloud extender that I hope will help myself and others.  I am trying to gain a better understanding of the cloud extender and to what extend it is "required."  

It is listed and described as optional, but in reading the documentation, it appears to be a requirement for some of the "cooler" functions of the MaaS platform.  

I was wondering if someone could describe what elements of control/visibility exist without the cloud extender, and what elements of control/visibility exist with the cloud extender. For example, do i need to the cloud extender to enable wildcard usage (%username%) for auto-enrollment, or for certificate distribution, that sort of thing.  

Thanks very much!

• vhetrick
    416 posts
    Forum Moderator

Re: Cloud Extender 101

28 February 2012 (Last edited: 14 June 2012)

Hi Luke - here is some detail that I hope helps.  The Cloud Extender has many integration points.

The most common integration points are with Exchange Active Sync Server, Lotus Traveler Server and Active Directory.

For Exchange Active Sync and Traveler, the Cloud Extender allows you to gain instant visibility into all of your existing devices.  Customers find this helpful as often they are not aware how many devices are active synced to their mail environment.  Also with Exchange Active Sync, we can enable our auto-quarantine functionality which would prevent any new devices from synchronizing without the admin knowing about it.  We also will pull across your Active Sync policies for single management with your other iOS and Android policies.  Lastly I would say our Business Intelligence reporting will provide you more detail than Exchange or Traveler can.

For Active Directory, this allows users to enroll from a common URL with their AD credentials instead of a unique passcode.  You can use the %username% with or without the AD integration.  Even without AD, you can still specific the corp username, email address and domain in the enrollment.

The Active Directory integration also allows the Cloud Extender to pull your AD groups and associated users to MaaS360 for group creation and pushing policies/apps/etc via that group.

We also integrate with MS SCEP and Symantec for certificate deployment to the devices.  This allows for wireless, vpn and email profiles to be created and authentication used via the cert.

We also support LDAP integration for authentication and grouping as well as access to the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Happy to talk further if you need additional information or want to discuss your environment and how we would best fit.  Additional details can be found by product on our website as well at http://www.maas360.com/product.....anagement/.

• rbrown373
    1 posts
    Community Member

Re: Cloud Extender 101

8 November 2013

I have an Exchange question about Cloud Extender.  I have an Exchange server that also connects to an Exchange Edge. is this supported on the Cloud Extender? If so does the Cloud Extender needs to go on the Exchange Server or Edge?

Thanks

• 9465 Views | 2 Replies

Get Involved!

Sign in using one of your existing social accounts.

...or manually register for a new account here.

@MaaS360 on Twitter more...

• MaaS360 MaaS360 by IBM
      Why we've been named a leader in the 2014 Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Mobile Management: bit.ly/16w933k
    • MaaS360 MaaS360 by IBM
      MaaSter the Windows Ecosystem with MaaS360 with this on-demand video: bit.ly/1sG9A7a
    • MaaS360 MaaS360 by IBM
      #WatchNow: Best practices for securing and managing the Windows Ecosystem bit.ly/1sDSpTZ

Most Active Users

vhetrick
    2014_08_14
    jharrington
    KaylaBittne...
    Joe Pappano
    bcampbell
    Donna Lima
    jwittkopp
    manthony
    KumarA
    Giovanni
    Pragati Cha...
    TRUSTe European Safe Harbor certification TruSaaS
    © Fiberlink Communications Corp. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy
    All brands and their products, featured or referred to within this site, are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be noted as such.