Ever-evolving technology brings opportunities, but only when managed properly. Read, share and learn how to keep users mobile without compromising the safety of their data. Our MaaS360 experts will post answers to your questions about inventory tracking, patch management, policy configuration and more.
Currently, there are:
4630 Views | 0 Replies
Share your thoughts with us,
and get involved!
5. You will see an influx of both the original iPad and iPad 2 in your environment. With the announcement of iPad 2, previously owned or discounted original iPads will be available and more affordable for employees, while typical early adopters and Apple fans in your organization will continue to lead the path and bring this newest tablet into the fold.
4. iPad 2 has a front and rear facing camera and can support Face Time, which has a purpose in business. You may not agree, but you’ll hear this argument from executives and employees asking to bring their new iPad2 into your environment… who knows, they may be right. The point for IT is that the pressure to support these devices is going to grow.
3. A lighter, slimmer iPad 2 will be easier to lose. I expect numbers on lost or stolen iPads to grow. The need for remote wipe functionality will be crucial to protect corporate data.
2. iOS 4.3 is coming. Your existing iOS users will be upgrading. Inventory and Visibility will be important to track these upgrades, as the new version may have some features or fixes that your organization deems important… don’t forget about the challenges that personal hotspot mode will introduce.
1. You will be supporting these new devices and iOS version as early as March 11th!